The charger options and features available on the Magnum Energy advanced remote control (ME-ARC) makes optimizing your charger a breeze. In this episode of the Magnum video series, we help guide you through the screens of the ME-ARC revision 4.0 in order to setup your charger parameters. Other revisions may show slightly different screens, but this video should get you through the basics of programming. Please note that this video is not meant to go over every possible scenario, but rather give you an idea of how to program your system for your particular setup. Please refer to your owner’s manual for more in-depth information.
The available charger settings are found by pressing the Setup button and navigating to 03 Charger Setup, where the following submenus give you access to all the powerful charger features available through the ME-ARC:
- 03A AC Input Amps. This setting controls how many amps you allow the inverter/charger to take from your AC source. You’ll want to make sure this setting is either Equal to or less than the capability of your AC source. For instance, if you’re plugging into a 15-amp outlet, you’ll adjust this setting down to 15 amps or less.
- 03B Low VAC Dropout. Here you can set the minimum voltage you will accept from an AC source before the inverter will disconnect and take over the load itself.
- 03C Battery Type. You can choose from Gel, Flooded, AGM1 for Lifeline AGM batteries, AGM2 for most other brands of AGM, CC/CV for Lithium, or Custom to set the voltages recommended to you by your battery manufacturer.
- 03D Absorb Done. From here, you can adjust the Absorb Done reason to Time, Amps, or SOC. It is always recommended to check with your battery manufacturer for recommendations on how long to Absorb for.
- 03E Max Charge Rate. This sets the maximum rate to charge your batteries and defines the absolute maximum you wish them to charge for. As always, refer to your battery manufacturer for suggestions on how much charging current you can put into your batteries at any given time.
- 03F Max Charge Time. This is a fallback precaution to prevent battery overcharge in case no other parameter halts charging.
- 03G Final Charge Stage. Turn the knob to adjust the setting from Multi-stage, Float, and Silent. Generally, we recommend leaving this setting at Multi-stage unless you really need to change it.
Once you’ve completed the setup options appropriate for your system, press Meter to return to the Main Screen. Powerful control over your battery charge is now yours!